A Vehicle for Every Need
White Glove Service for Fragile Freight
Door to Door Service
Depots in Jersey, Guernsey and on the Mainland
Dedicated Customer Service Team
Storage and Distribution
Safety Policy Statement
It is the practice of this company to periodically examine the safety policy and to update it in line with current and new legislation.
1. This statement is issued in pursuance of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
2. It is the policy of the company that its operation and services are executed at all times in such manner as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety and welfare of its employees and all persons likely to be affected by its operations. The company is particularly mindful of the nature of the operations in which it engages and the organisation and implementation of safety procedure is therefore accorded an appropriately high level of priority.
3. In particular the Company accepts responsibility:
To continually assess the risk within the Company and its activities and to provide as is reasonably practicable improvements to our systems to always maintain a safe environment.
To encourage the performance of the Safety Committee and to co-operate fully in the appointment of safety representatives providing where necessary sufficient facilities and training to carry out their task.
To ensure that employees are aware of the safety precautions to be followed in the event of an emergency and that appropriate first aid facilities are provided.
To review and monitor safety performances with regard to this policy.
4. All line managers/supervisors are accountable to the managing director for the implementation and enhancement of the policy. In particular, they are responsible for ensuring that all employees working under their direction are competent and have been properly instructed in their duties upon which they are engaged from time to time.
5. This policy is the direct concern of the directors, managers and employees at all levels, and every employee is charged under the act with the duty of care for their own safety, the safety of fellow workers, and of any person likely to be affected by their actions.
6. Every employee has a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy:
By working safely and efficiently.
By using personal protective equipment provided.
By reporting incidents that have led – or may have led to injury or damage.
By adhering to company procedures for securing a safe place of work.
By assisting in investigations of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a reoccurrence.
By co-operating with the company to enable it to carry out its responsibilities.
7. Every employee should therefore, be continuously aware of safety requirements and be alert to existing and potential hazards and the need for minimising and reporting them.
8. The company will take every reasonable measure in its power to discharge its responsibilities for the provision and maintenance of the following:
8.1 A safe and healthy place of work and working environment.
8.2 Safe plant and equipment and systems of work.
8.3 Safe systems of handling transport and storage.
8.4 Information, instruction, supervision and training appropriate to the work being undertaken from time to time.
8.5 Adequate welfare facilities and protective clothing in appropriate situations.